The best seat to catch my drama

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Oh come away, come away (clap)

So.  Today was a loooong day.  It all started when…

I woke up.  It was very cold, and I think my blanket was not completely tucked under my bed.  Very bad, and very cold.  I made a mental note to wear fleece pjs tonight (which I am!  A+ to me).  Obama was all over the morning news, and Frank Deford had some opinion about something (although I think I slept through the first show and was blowdrying through the second).  At around 8:30 I finally dragged myself out of bed, took a shower, made breakfast (yay blueberries!), and settled in for an hour of completely guilty pleasure The Hills watching.  Oh, how I love the early morning brain rot over high protein/high fiber cereal with high anti-oxidant berries.  

Then I blowdried.  It was bliss.  With the right products, my hair is actually really nice, and the routine of roundbrush and hot air is just wonderful.  And, after an hour of air drying, it only takes like 5 minutes.  Went to the law school and printed out all thousand pages of course reading for this semester, hiked to main campus, dined, bothered people, and went to class.  Oh, how I love class.  I LOVE class.  I love it love it love it.  Lots of people from last semester’s courses, and NEW people, and PC is so cool and fun.  I basically want to be her when I grow up.  (very heavy quotes around the grow up).  I’m wicked pumped for a semester of work and thinking.

After class, SH and S? and I chatted.  I mentioned my problem with overquestioning everything and how it makes it sooo hard to focus on anything.  I suppose that I suck at finishing things, and that may be a contributing factor.  THEN I was thinking, and Mr JM came to mind.  I think he addresses stuff the same way I do, with the overquestioning, and once an institution has meaning, being able to break the so-called “rules.”  

I joined gospel choir tonight with SG.  It was funfunfun.  I mean, I think next week I’ll be in sync with the attitude, but it’s fun.  Patience taxing, but nothing like a little good praise-worship in the middle of the week.  Even if it does mean I have to miss Lost.  

And then SG and I had nice talk.  

Today I realized that I really can’t not go to church.  It’s really something that I need.  As much as it’s not too hard to see God EVERYWHERE, it’s nice to have a, at least weekly, reminder of being a member of a larger body (look at me, citing the readings from the last weeks).  To which I shall end:

We are one.  One body.  Many parts.  One body.  God has made…one body.  All of us.  One body.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home