The best seat to catch my drama

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

The Day I agreed with Bush.

I think it's really great that the President has finally acknowledged that people are affected by wars. Death is kind of a big deal. However, I was suprised, upon hearing his attempt to rationalize continuing the war, that I agreed with him. Finishing what we started, though trite and most likely still a bloody goal, is why I haven't petitioned to pull troops out of Iraq. The worst thing we could do after puttting the poor country through our mayhem would be to leave them cold. We've already given them homework, something I didn't know the world could levy on a country. I'm sure some teachers are laughing at the many extensions: the many "We're almost done, just a few more days, please." Bush is working on getting his approval polls up, yes, but I'm glad his speechwriter found some wisdom for him to impart. Even if the war was a mistake and a horrible reputation-wrecker, leaving it now would leave the world angry and a country in more turmoil than it's already in. If we're going to pull out anytime soon, we need to make sure that we clean up our mess, at the very least.

Won't the midterm elections be fun now? The drama screams 1958.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home